I don’t know how I stumbled upon this roast pork video. But oh boy, now I am hankering for some really crispy, crackling Chinese roasted pork.
The video is a homemade video and I believe is from Singapore. The guy who made it uses only minced garlic to season the pork and rub the skin with salt. I notice the many steps he did to get that crackling skin.
1) Heat for 10 minutes
2) Take out and poke the skin.
3) Put back and roast for one hour.
4) Cut off the hardened skin.
5) Season the meat and keep in fridge for two hours so that the inner part is cold
6) Put back into the oven at highest heat
7) Roast till the skin burned! This is the unique part. The skin turned black.
8) Then, he scrapped off the blackened part to get that crispy skin.
Some good ideas in roasting pork.
I only wish his chopping board is cleaner!