- rach on Where to find cheap BUT nice hotels in Penang?
- Chris on Shao Hsing Hua Tiao Chiew
- Roseann Masak on Recipe : Pork ribs with potatoes
- Benny Quek on St. Anne’s Feast, Bukit Mertajam, Penang
- kim on How to clean a pig’s maw (stomach)?
- Biscuits (5)
- Cameron Highlands (7)
- Confinement food (6)
- Dessert (17)
- Download free recipe (1)
- Eating places (70)
- Festivals & Religious (49)
- Food (195)
- Fruits (16)
- General (129)
- Hawker foods (29)
- Information (26)
- Ingredients (20)
- Ipoh foods (3)
- Out of Penang (6)
- plants and nature (7)
- Pork (65)
- Recipe (103)
- Sights (34)
- Travel (14)
Things I like :
- high roof and very airy
- clean (well at least it is because it is new)
- lots of food varieties
- parking available
- no more perching on broken chairs by the drain side
Things I dislike :
- lots of lotteries seller. In fact, there are 6 of them within the 30 minutes I was there;
- lots of don’t know real or fake charity bodies asking for donations;
- lots of don’t know real or fake charity bodies asking for donations and bringing mentally and physically challenged folks to limp around;
- people selling wild honey going from table to table
I DISLIKE turning away six lotteries sellers, three different groups of dubious charitable organisation folks selling toothbrushes and one woman who brings around a huge charity boxes with some don’t know fake or real Government appointed letters – in between mouthfuls of food. I can choke on the pieces of squids if I keep shaking my head like that when I have food in my mouth.
HELLO!!!!! I am there to eat, ok? I am not in the mood for charity, ok? I am not supposed to buy lotteries because it constitute gambling and my faith doesn’t allow that, ok?
Gee…it spoils my mood and that’s all I have to review about the place. Thank you for listening. And I hope the management of the spanking new hawker centre does something to these pesky people. No doubt they are people in need but dude, it is a place for tourists as well and I don’t think they find it it amusing if people keeping shoving lotteries ticket into their faces when they were trying to savour the foods of Penang.
If you ask me, the ais-kacang and cendol across the road, in the old kopitiam is much better. I like the cendol there because they uses small, red beans and not kidney beans.Posted by lilian on February 3rd, 2007 under Eating places